making gates safe
01303 840 117
use yellow button to navigate site
GATE SAFE NEWS
- FOR GATE PROFESSIONALS
- FOR GATE OWNERS
- FIND INSTALLERS
- Mukilteo boy killed by gate
- Airdrie Swinging Gate Death
- Norwich man convicted of manslaughter
- Woman crushed by gate in Israel
- 4 year old boy killed in Italy
- Gate Safe register hits 1000
- Perth toddler seriously injured by gate
- Grenfell tragedy
- Gate Safe presents to property professionals
- FaCT partnership
- QA supplement
- Lincoln man killed by gate
- Asda gate hits toddler
- Gate kills Emirati boy
- Electrical gate safety
- Manchester boy injured by gate
- Stormy weather
- Newport gate death - huge fine
- Norwich installer court verdict
- Shock U.S. Gate accident statistics
- Gate Safe headlines seminar
- Prosecution over grandmother death
- Child injured in Poland
- Garage door death Cambridge
- Gate Safe MOT
- Gate Safety Week
- Man killed by falling gate in Ireland Copy
- Dublin girl, 5, killed by gate
- Electrocuted by gate
- 5 year old injured by gate
- OAP Trustworthy
- Hamp school gate accident
- 'Gate nearly killed my son'
- Norwich firm admit offences following death Copy
- Girl killed by falling gate
- Semelia Campbell Verdict
- Richard's Tips
5 YEAR OLD DUBLIN GIRL KILLED BY FALLING GATE
Sienna Joyce was outside playing with her cousins on Monday when the gate collapsed on top of her in Bullstown, Ashbourne, Co Meath.
The accident happened at around 7.10pm and Sienna was taken to Temple Street Children's Hospital where the innocent child passed away.
Sienna had been going to St Margaret's National School in Finglas and was just finishing her first year of school.
She was part of a large settled Travelling family who were living on the Ashbourne Road in north Dublin.
It is the second tragedy to hit the Joyce family in recent years as her four-year-old cousin Logan Joyce drowned in the National Aquatic Centre in Blanchardstown four years ago, on July 22, 2012.
Family member and Pavee Point spokesman Martin Collins said he and the rest of Sienna Joyce's family were devastated over the tragedy.
Mr Collins told The Irish Star: "She was bright and full of energy.
"In fact, on the day of this tragic accident she was playing with her brothers and sisters and her cousins.
"A gate collapsed and unfortunately she was trapped underneath it.
"The family are devastated and in a state of shock as well and it will be a long time, if ever, when they come to terms with this."
Tributes paid to 'lovely' Irish woman killed in road accident while on holiday in Spain
Sienna's cousin Kellie Joyce added: "She was beautiful, cherished and adored by everyone who knew her.
"Her parents are completely heartbroken.
"I've never seen anything sadder in my whole life."
Gardai confirmed they attended the scene of a 'tragic accident' where a young girl was crushed by a gate on Monday and they don't suspect any foul play.
Martin Collins added: "All of our thoughts and prayers go to the family because in the last five years they have gone through hell."
Sienna Joyce's funeral will be held at the Church of the Annunciation in Finglas at 11am today.