making gates safe
01303 840 117
use yellow button to navigate site
GATE SAFE NEWS
- FOR GATE PROFESSIONALS
- FOR GATE OWNERS
- FIND INSTALLERS
- Asda gate hits toddler
- Gate kills Emirati boy Copy
- Electrical gate safety
- Manchester boy injured by gate Copy
- Stormy weather
- Newport gate death - huge fine
- Norwich installer court verdict
- Shock U.S. Gate accident statistics
- Gate Safe headlines seminar
- Prosecution over grandmother death
- Child injured in Poland
- Garage door death Cambridge
- Gate Safe MOT
- Gate Safety Week
- Man killed by falling gate in Ireland Copy
- Dublin girl, 5, killed by gate
- Electrocuted by gate
- 5 year old injured by gate
- OAP Trustworthy
- Hamp school gate accident
- 'Gate nearly killed my son'
- Norwich firm admit offences following death Copy
- Girl killed by falling gate
- Semelia Campbell Verdict
- Richard's Tips
APPALLING VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS ELECTROCUTION RISK
According to the report, the property management office associated with the gate has denied any problems with the installation, claiming that the deceased ‘was drunk’.
Regardless of whether alcohol has been consumed or not, no gate should EVER be left in a condition whereby the wiring of the control box is incorrect, let alone be so badly installed as to present a possible risk of electrocution.
Sadly, having reviewed some of the photographs of the many gates that Gate Safe has surveyed, such an incident occurring in the UK is not beyond the realms of possibility. You can attach as many safety features as you like to a gate but if the wiring of the installation is not sound, such measures will be futile.
Always ensure the electrical connection to the gate is via an isolator and is installed by a qualified electrician to the current edition of BS7671. Gate Safe currently operates a specialist Gate Safe Aware ECS card, working alongside the Joint Industry Board which administers the Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) in England, Wales and Northern Ireland so look out for an electrician who is able to prove they have undertaken the relevant training to install a safe and compliant automated gate.