making gates safe
01303 840 117
use yellow button to navigate site
GATE SAFE NEWS
- FOR GATE PROFESSIONALS
- FOR GATE OWNERS
- FIND INSTALLERS
- Mukilteo boy killed by gate
- Airdrie Swinging Gate Death
- Norwich man convicted of manslaughter
- Woman crushed by gate in Israel
- 4 year old boy killed in Italy
- Gate Safe register hits 1000
- Perth toddler seriously injured by gate
- Grenfell tragedy
- Gate Safe presents to property professionals
- FaCT partnership
- QA supplement
- Lincoln man killed by gate
- Asda gate hits toddler
- Gate kills Emirati boy
- Electrical gate safety
- Manchester boy injured by gate
- Stormy weather
- Newport gate death - huge fine
- Norwich installer court verdict
- Shock U.S. Gate accident statistics
- Gate Safe headlines seminar
- Prosecution over grandmother death
- Child injured in Poland
- Garage door death Cambridge
- Gate Safe MOT
- Gate Safety Week
- Man killed by falling gate in Ireland Copy
- Dublin girl, 5, killed by gate
- Electrocuted by gate
- 5 year old injured by gate
- OAP Trustworthy
- Hamp school gate accident
- 'Gate nearly killed my son'
- Norwich firm admit offences following death Copy
- Girl killed by falling gate
- Semelia Campbell Verdict
- Richard's Tips
LINCOLN MAN KILLED BY GATE
An inquest has been opened into the death of a man who died after being crushed by a gate.
Simon Duncan, 49, died after he was crushed by a large wooden gate in Lincolnshire.
The horrific accident happened on Tillbridge Lane in Sturton by Stow on Thursday, March 9 at around 5pm.
The coroner and the Health and Safety Executive are investigating what caused the tragedy.
It's believed Mr Duncan, from Lincoln, was a tradesman working at a homeowners property at the time.
Two fire engines and police officers rushed to the scene.
Staff from Gelder, a construction company nearby, were also called over to help.
A police spokesperson said: "We are liaising with the Health and Safety Executive to support the coroner's investigation into establishing the circumstances of the accident."
The inquest into to Mr Duncan's death was opened and adjourned to a later date on March 23.
The HSE has been contacted for a comment.
31st March 2017