making gates safe
01303 840 117
use yellow button to navigate site
GATE SAFE NEWS
- FOR GATE PROFESSIONALS
- FOR GATE OWNERS
- FIND INSTALLERS
- Mukilteo boy killed by gate
- Airdrie Swinging Gate Death
- Norwich man convicted of manslaughter
- Woman crushed by gate in Israel
- 4 year old boy killed in Italy
- Gate Safe register hits 1000
- Perth toddler seriously injured by gate
- Grenfell tragedy
- Gate Safe presents to property professionals
- FaCT partnership
- QA supplement
- Lincoln man killed by gate
- Asda gate hits toddler
- Gate kills Emirati boy
- Electrical gate safety
- Manchester boy injured by gate
- Stormy weather
- Newport gate death - huge fine
- Norwich installer court verdict
- Shock U.S. Gate accident statistics
- Gate Safe headlines seminar
- Prosecution over grandmother death
- Child injured in Poland
- Garage door death Cambridge
- Gate Safe MOT
- Gate Safety Week
- Man killed by falling gate in Ireland Copy
- Dublin girl, 5, killed by gate
- Electrocuted by gate
- 5 year old injured by gate
- OAP Trustworthy
- Hamp school gate accident
- 'Gate nearly killed my son'
- Norwich firm admit offences following death Copy
- Girl killed by falling gate
- Semelia Campbell Verdict
- Richard's Tips
BOY, 5, CRUSHED AS 6’ IRON PRIMARY SCHOOL GATE FALLS ON HIM IN MANCHESTER
Crying pupils and staff watched as the little boy was crushed. Firefighters cut the five-year-old free from underneath the heavy metal gate believed to weigh between 50kg and 70kg.
Crying schoolchildren watched in terror as they saw blood after witnessing the gate fall on the boy, according to eyewitnesses.
The horrific incident happened at 2.25pm on Friday at New Moston Primary School on Moston Lane East in New Moston, Manchester.
The youngster was rushed to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. The child – who has not been identified – was then rushed to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital with possible head injuries, the fire service said. His condition is unknown but he was conscious and breathing, they confirmed.
A relative of a parent told MEN: “My granddaughter was in the playground when it happened. “The children were all crying because they witnessed it. The gate is from the junior area to the infant area of the school. “It is going to be at least 6ft high. It is horrific. “The child has been seriously injured. Other children saw it and they saw blood. Basically, it just fell on top of the boy.”
The horrific incident took place at 2.25pm on Friday. The gate which collapsed on the little boy cordons off the infant and junior areas in the playground. Schoolchildren were ushered into the school’s hall, parents of pupils at the school said.
Firefighters were at the school for at least an hour while dealing with the terrifying incident. Firefighters freed the five-year-old from the heavy metal gate. A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called at about 2.25pm on Friday to reports of a casualty trapped under a cast iron gate with possible head injuries.
“We released the casualty from beneath the gate using cutting gear, blocks and a saw – equipment we would usually use for road traffic collisions. “The five-year-old male was taken via ambulance to the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital where he received further care. “He was conscious and breathing but distressed.”
Daily Star Online has contacted the school and Manchester City Council for comment.
A spokesperson for GateSafe commented: ‘Another shocking accident which confirms that it is not just automated gates that can cause serious injury. All gates, manual and automated, should be professionally installed, regularly checked and maintained to ensure their continued safety.’