Are these the sort of headlines you want you or your clients to be associated with? In addition to the clear personal distress caused by such an automated gate accident, failure to adhere to the correct protocol for automated gates and / or adopt the required safety measures can prove disastrous, from a legal, financial and ultimately moral perspective.
Since January 2010, at least eight accidents involving automated gates have been reported , three of them have sadly proved fatal.
So make sure you are equipped to assess whether an automated gates is SAFE and take the Gate Safe Aware Training course, developed working together with The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
Gate Safe Aware Installer Course Details
As part of the course you will receive:
- Personalised Gate Safe aware logo
- Company added to the Gate Safe Aware Installers map
- Gate Safe ID card
- Check a trade discount
- Telephone support
- IOSH Certificate
- Gate Safe Aware technical hand book and updates as they become relevant
- Access to the Gate Safe Aware Installers members area – contains high quality downloadable documents to help with electric gate safety
The half-day course covers:
• Scope and nature of legislation and standards relevant to automated gate safety
• Implications of failure to install equipment to the required standard
• Risk Assessment protocol
• Styles and configurations of different gates and associated risks
• Details of recommended safety features and correct installation guidance
• Additional safety considerations
• Importance of maintenance
• Practical examples of good and bad practice
The Gate Safe Aware Installer course lasts four hours and costs £175.00 + VAT per delegate for Early Bird rate details below:
Delegates who successfully pass the course receive an IOSH accredited certificate, access to the Gate Safe Aware Installers logo and a comprehensive training reference manual.
Training dates for 2014:
- 15th July – Best Western Heath Court Hotel, Moulton Road, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 8DY **Early Bird Offer £175 + VAT, after 1st July £195 + VAT**
- 5th August – Winchester , venue to be confirmed **Early Bird Offer £175 + VAT, after 22nd July £195 + VAT**
- 15th September – Best Western Premier, Kegworth, Derbyshire DE74 2DF **Early Bird Offer £175 + VAT, after 2nd September £195 + VAT**
- 26th September – Trade Skills 4U, Mitre Court, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9GT **Early Bird Offer £175 + VAT, after 23rd September £195 + VAT**
- 7th October – Bristol* **Early Bird Offer £175 + VAT, after 23rd September £195 + VAT**
* Venue to be confirmed, location may change due to high demand in other areas
Who should attend?
Any one who is involved in electric gate installation