Are these the sort of headlines you want you or your clients to be associated with? In addition to the clear personal distress caused by such an automated gate accident, failure to adhere to the correct protocol for automated gates and / or adopt the required safety measures can prove disastrous, from a legal, financial and ultimately moral perspective.
Since January 2010, at least eight accidents involving automated gates have been reported , three of them have sadly proved fatal.
So make sure you are equipped to assess whether an automated gates is SAFE and take the Gate Safe Aware Training course, developed working together with The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
For more information on the differences between Gate Safe training and the Powered Gate Group click here
Gate Safe Aware Installer Course Details
The half-day course covers:
• Scope and nature of legislation and standards relevant to automated gate safety
• Implications of failure to install equipment to the required standard
• Risk Assessment protocol
• Styles and configurations of different gates and associated risks
• Details of recommended safety features and correct installation guidance
• Additional safety considerations
• Importance of maintenance
• Practical examples of good and bad practice
The Gate Safe Aware Installer course lasts four hours and costs £175.00 + VAT
Delegates who successfully pass the course receive an IOSH accredited certificate, access to the Gate Safe Aware Installers logo and a comprehensive training reference manual.
Training dates for 2014:
- 28th March – Venue TBC Canterbury Area
- 8th April – Best Western Plus Milford Hotel, Great North Road, Peckfield, Leeds, LS25 5LQ 9am – 1pm
- 6th May – Winchester/Basingstoke 9am – 1pm
- 5th June – Crewe 9am – 1pm
- 8th July – Norwich*
- 5th August – Gatwick*
- 11th September – Nottingham
- 7th October – Bristol*
* Venue to be confirmed, location may change due to high demand in other areas